- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 180g melted butter
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 or 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup chunky oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease/line a deep baking tin (approx 20cm square or equivalent).
- Stir together the flour, sugar and cinnamon
- Add 150g melted butter, stir then add the egg. Mix together until flour is all combined.
- Set aside 1/3 of mixture for the topping. Place the rest in to the tin and press gently into the base – don’t pack too tightly.
- Spread blackberries evenly over the base.
- Mix oats and the extra melted butter with the remaining flour mix.
- Crumble over the blackberry layer
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until the top is turning golden and the base is cooked through.
- Cut into squares whilst still warm then leave to cool before removing from tin.