From the kitchen of: Rupa & Ojas
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves 12 people
- 2 cups of wheat flour (or plain white flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water but add gradually
- 1tbsp vegetable oil or butter
- In bowl, stir together flour, salt, oil. Mix well, then add water gradually to form dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Rest for 10 mins
- To make the Roti, divide the dough into 12 equal parts, make into a round shape
- With help from a rolling pin, roll the ball of dough into a flat bread. You may need extra flour to roll the dough.
- Preheat a skillet (we call it a ‘tara’) to medium high heat.
- Cook the roti for 6 mins before turning over
- Once both sides are evenly covered with brown spots then it is ready to eat.
Always cover dough with damp cloth when resting.
Dough should be damp and pliable not stiff and loose.